[glue-wg] Minutes from today call - next call 14 Oct 2010

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 7 10:17:38 CDT 2010

I'm no expert on OGF procedures, but is it accurate to say that comments
on a finalized standard could simply result in recommended changes to
future versions of the standard? Our renderings are also part of the
standard, right?

Perhaps this also has to do with the distinction between a standard
and implementations. Is the statement that OGF produces standards
and NOT implementations, accurate? Other organizations besides OGF
produce implementation that (hopefully) comply with OGF standards,
but none of them is an "OGF implementation".

The GLUE2 schema is final, so comments on it will only affect future
version of the standard. The GLUE2 renderings are NOT final, correct?
Or, is the GLUE2 LDAP rendering final?

JP