[glue-wg] Next phone meeting and foreign keys discussion

Maarten.Litmaath at cern.ch Maarten.Litmaath at cern.ch
Mon May 25 14:52:41 CDT 2009

On Mon, 25 May 2009, David Horat wrote:

> Moreover, in order to decide where to put foreign keys, I have created a
> table in the wiki so we can vote and discuss in the phone conference:
> http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.glue-wg/wiki/LDAPForeignKeysDiscussion
>
> Please, vote if you have a strong opinion and know use cases where it should
> be better to put it in one place and not in another. [...]

FYI, for GLUE 1.3 this document was prepared by Flavia and others,
showing the LDAP queries relevant for storage, in particular SRM v2.2:

    http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc14619?nav=1

It can be reached from the Documents tab:

    Background --> Info models & schemas

For some reason the icon suggests the document is not a PDF file, but it is.

We also could do with a set of LDAP queries relevant to the CE.

The WMS does a kind of super query "give me anything potentially relevant",
converts the result into its own image of the info system, the Information
Super Market, built out of ClassAds, and lets the ClassAd library do the
matchmaking, AFAIK; still, the placement of the foreign keys presumably
could affect the efficiency there as well.