[glue-wg] 1st Draft of the GLUE 2.0 LDAP Implementation

Balazs Konya balazs.konya at hep.lu.se
Tue May 12 05:15:58 CDT 2009

hi,

quick feedback before our afternoon meeting :)

Burke, S (Stephen) wrote:
> OK, the second general question that I haven't noticed being discussed
> is how we structure the DIT. Your example objects seem to just have e.g.
> "dn: EntityId=testExecutionEnvironment,o=grid" which isn't really
> viable! As I've mentioned in the past I think there may be a good case
> for saying that we don't require a given DIT structure, or at least
> allow some degree of flexibility to restructure it. Since every object
> now has an ID I think it's possible to say that objects should always be
> referenced by ID and not DN - which also relates to the ChunkKey
> question. However, even if we take that view we should clearly have some
> recommended structure (or structures).

 From the nordugrid experience we find the DIT very important. According to our
view the LDAP rendering must come with a recommendation for DIT.
This was one of our main issues with glue-1.3.

>   A specific question for me is whether we want to introduce some extra
> dummy object(s) to allow for grouping.

grouping is also important. we have the same in our ldap tree, we created a
dummy object to group e.g. job entries under queues.

btw, there is a similar grouping introduced in the xml rendering.

bye,
Balazs