[glue-wg] LDAP and SQL Rederings

Burke, S (Stephen) stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Tue May 12 04:51:04 CDT 2009

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Balazs Konya said:
> I was wondering if there is a document which describes the
> LDAP rendering approach? The above svn directory contains mostly the
schema.

I think we still haven't decided on some of the key features of the
approach - I hope that's what we'll be discussing today. Outstanding
points are how to handle inheritance (e.g. whether to have LDAP
objectclasses for all GLUE classes); how to contruct the LDAP tree (and
where we put UserDomain), and whether we specify that clients should not
be able to rely on the tree; how to implement foreign keys and which
objects should carry them (and whether we should have any explicit
"double hop" references); whether we prefix attribute and/or objectclass
names with "Glue" or "Glue2"; whether we need any auxiliary objects
which aren't in the main schema; and whether we define strings as
case-sensitive and mandatory attributes as MUST. There's also a general
question to clarify that unique IDs are globally unique, rather than
unique per object class.