[glue-wg] Foreign Key implementation on GLUE 2.0 LDAPimplementation

Burke, S (Stephen) stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Mar 26 04:35:51 CDT 2009

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Laurence Field said:
> I would prefer to use the UniqueID rather than the DN. Can
> you provide a concrete example.

I more than prefer, I think having references to DNs in the objects is
crazy! The only way we should refer to objects is via the ID. Although
LDAP uses DNs as a key to find objects glue itself doesn't, the object
ID is the key, and DNs should never be used anywhere.

  Unfortunately I don't really have a chance to comment in detail while
I'm at CHEP, and I'm staying in Prague for a few days extra. Probably
that means that you should implement something and then I'll comment,
but we should be prepared to change the approach if necessary.