[glue-wg] GLUE 2.0 SQL rendering meeting

David Horat david.horat at cern.ch
Wed Jun 24 07:09:19 CDT 2009

I talked with Felix Ehm, which was the developer of the previous solution to
see his insides on this matter. I also wanted initially to have one table
per attribute for the same reason that you explain, plus it was also more
direct to infer from the formal definition that we have for GLUE 2.0. But,
after some research done by him before, saw there was a big performance
issue trying to do it this way. The other option was getting just one big
table for all multivalue attributes, but that was too messy. Thus, we
prefered it to be the way it is right now.

--
David Horat
Software Engineer – IT/GD – Grid Deployment Group