[glue-wg] Foreign Key implementation on GLUE 2.0 LDAPimplementation

Burke, S (Stephen) stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Apr 16 10:53:12 CDT 2009

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Burke, S (Stephen) said:
>   There are also practical implications for the way the info providers
are written.

And an even stronger example would be that a UserDomain provider
couldn't possibly fill in explicit relations to all the things which
refer to it, because it won't have any list of objects to refer to. In
general I think there's likely to be a natural hierarchy where the
explicit relation should point upwards (c.f. the chunkey discussion),
although there may be some cases which are naturally symmetrical where
it does make sense to have relations in both directions.

  It also seems to me that this must apply a fortiori to the SQL
representation since that can't directly have multivalued relations at
all, and while the two representations don't have to take the same
decisions there may be a natural way to do it which is the same in both.