[glue-wg] GLUE 2.0 Specification - draft 41 - Working Group Last Call

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi at cnaf.infn.it
Mon May 12 20:26:04 CDT 2008

Dear all,

in our plan, we have the important milestone of presenting for the
coming OGF a public comment version GLUE 2.0 in order to achieve a
broader exposure of our work and receive a broader review.

Starting from the GLUE 2.0 specification available at the end of April
(which is the result of a long series of teleconferences and email
exchange by many partners) we refactored the document to be consistent
and we completed all its parts.

The updated renderings of the conceptual model to the XML
Schema/LDAP/relational concrete data models will be issued during this
week in a separated document (possibly by Wednesday).

This is the official Working Group last call for GLUE 2.0 and we invite
all of you to read the specification and to send your feedback by
Friday, 12 AM CEST.

By Monday 19 May, we will send the document + renderings to our area
managers to be presented to the OGF Editor for promoting it to public
comment.

All the comments that we will receive by Friday 16 May and that can be
easily incorporated, will be included. The remaining comments which may
require discussion or major changes will be logged in the public comment
tracker of the GLUE 2.0 specification as soon as it will be available
and will be resolved during the 60 days of public comment period.

When sending your feedback, pay attention to aspects related to the
readability and consistency of the document.

We would like to remark the importance of going to the OGF 23 with a
coherent and complete document aligned with the renderings. This will
enable the interested groups/projects to better evaluate the current
work and create proof of concepts on real systems.

We thank all of you for your contribution.

Kind regards,
	Sergio, Balazs and Laurence

PS: you can find attached the specification documents in both MS Word
and PDF formats; the OGF forge portal is not reachable at the moment

--
Sergio Andreozzi
INFN-CNAF,                    Tel: +39 051 609 2860