[glue-wg] Dependencies among Application Environments

Burke, S (Stephen) S.Burke at rl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 12 06:49:41 CDT 2008

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Sergio Andreozzi said:
> He would like to be able to discover if an Application Environment
> depends on other Application Environments in order to be used.

As Laurence says, I don't see why you need to discover it: if you want
to use application AE1 you match on AE1, and assume that whatever is
needed for that to work will be installed. If this is actually about job
preparation then I think we've already discussed that: jobs should
discover the details of the local environment once they start running,
e.g. from an application setup script (the name of which can be
advertised).