[glue-wg] Publishing "exchange rates" using GLUE

Burke, S (Stephen) S.Burke at rl.ac.uk
Mon Jan 28 08:56:03 CST 2008

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
said:
> By charged I don't mean in monetary terms, but rather in time.  So for
> example using 1 hour of a resource with exchange rate 1 is
> accounted as
> one hour of usage for that resource; using an hour of a resource with
> exchange rate 2 is accounted as 2 hours etc.

In effect the only "currency" so far has been the specint 2k rating.
However, we clearly need to change/expand that as we will anyway be
moving to new benchmarks, and it may well be that different benchmarks
are needed for different applications. Possibly that should be expanded
to include charging factors?