[glue-wg] Publishing "exchange rates" using GLUE

Viljoen, MJ (Matthew) M.J.Viljoen at rl.ac.uk
Mon Jan 28 07:24:38 CST 2008

Hi,

In the NGS we have a requirement for a mechanism whereby users can be
"charged" different rates when using a resource, depending on which VO
they are a member of.

By charged I don't mean in monetary terms, but rather in time.  So for
example using 1 hour of a resource with exchange rate 1 is accounted as
one hour of usage for that resource; using an hour of a resource with
exchange rate 2 is accounted as 2 hours etc.

Such a system will allow resource providers to prioritize usage for
different VOs.

Does anyone use such a system using GLUE to publish exchange rate
information?

If necessary we can formulate this requirement into a use case for GLUE
2.0

Matt