[glue-wg] GlueChunkKey

Burke, S (Stephen) S.Burke at rl.ac.uk
Sun Feb 3 15:35:09 CST 2008

Paul Millar [mailto:paul.millar at desy.de] said:
> However, I though it would be "cleaner" to simply navigate
> straight up to the
> site-level object from the SEAccessProtocol object and extract the
> SiteUniqueID from there.
>
> Are there circumstances where this wouldn't work?
> (assuming people are publishing valid information)

In this particular case it wouldn't work if one site were publishing an
SE belonging to a different site - not normal perhaps, but not
necessarily forbidden. Similarly you are assuming that one site tree (at
the mds-vo-name level) only publishes one gluesite object. In the
general case that would obviously not work, for all the other high-level
objects (CE, SE, Service) you can have several of them; for the site you
usually only have one but again it's not clear that it's forbidden to
have more.