[glue-wg] Suggestion for splitting the StorageShare.

Burke, S (Stephen) S.Burke at rl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 29 10:44:28 CDT 2008

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Flavia Donno said:
> No, just the root.
> The point is that, as you have heard during the workshop,
> there might be 2 roots for the same share, like in the PIC case.

OK, we discussed this a bit ... we can clearly do it, but it's likely to
make queries significantly more complicated. The suggestion was to come
up with an explicit proposal to see what the impact would be. However, I
think there's also a question of how common this use case would really
be; we've been constantly told that spaces are orthogonal to paths
(re-iterated in your MOU addendum proposal!) and yet you're now
suggesting we need multiple defined paths within spaces. Does this just
mean that something is wrong in the way the SRM is being used? After
all, fundamentally SURLs have no real significance, it's the LFN/GUID in
the catalogue which really identifies the file.