[glue-wg] Suggestion for splitting the StorageShare.

Burke, S (Stephen) S.Burke at rl.ac.uk
Mon Apr 28 11:36:49 CDT 2008

Paul Millar [mailto:paul.millar at desy.de] said:
> Moreover, the ACL semantics will (in general) be filesystem-specific.

Well, in the medium term I think the implementations will have to
converge on a common authorisation model, or at least allow a grid like
WLCG to have a common profile which gives the same behaviour at all
sites. However, we seem to be quite a way from that at the moment, and
the recent decision seems to be that we back off from that and approach
it from a different angle.

> The point isn't what you or I might think of as "correct"
> behaviour, just that
> different people (and different filesystems) will interpret
> these questions differently.

Err, yes - and if it is like that (as often seems to be the case in the
grid world) it will be totally unusable in practice! (Cue another couple
of years of Flavia's tests to get everything to have consistent
behaviour ...)