[glue-wg] Suggestion for splitting the StorageShare.

Laurence Field Laurence.Field at cern.ch
Mon Apr 28 10:59:47 CDT 2008

Hi Stephen,
> If I've understood what you're saying I don't think the namespace ACLs
> should be in GLUE at all, the granularity is too fine - for example the
> ACLs could be different for every directory in the tree. In theory we
> are always told that paths don't matter for SRM, so the client should
> just negotiate with the server once it finds a space it can use. For VOs
> (or sites) which insist on having a fixed path mapping I think they need
> to ensure that the ACLs are set appropriately without needing to have
> them published explicitly.

This is what I was trying to express the other day when I said that we
need something like the LFC. Where as the LFC maps to logical names to
SURLs, is this notmapping namespaces (directories) to physical spaces
(or is it logical space?).  I agree that this might not belong in the
information system on the other hand this doesn't necessarily mean that
it should not be in the information model.

Laurence