[glue-wg] Some doubts

Riccardo Zappi riccardo.zappi at cnaf.infn.it
Wed Apr 16 13:13:24 CDT 2008

Hi all,
I'm sure that I've missed something.. sorry for that.
By tomorrow (or by Friday) I'll try to create an over-complicated
scenario for StoRM and map it into the current Glue Schema for storage.

Now, I've some doubts:

A) StoRM can manage, at the same time, different VOs. Any VO could use a
different set of access protocol. For example, the StorageShare-1 could
supports 'FILE', 'RFIO' and 'GSIFTP' protocols, while the StorageShare-2
(used by a different VO) 'FILE' protocol only.
So, I think that StorageAccessProtocol should be linked to StorageShare,
not with StorageService.

B) DataStore entity should model, in a synthetic and simple form, the
concept of the storage hardware (If I've understood well!).
I imagine a cluster file system (GPFS for example) installed on a
storage area network. In this context, the DataStore is the storage area
network plus GPFS. How can define DataStore to include the GPFS
characteristics? Using OtherInfo property? Perhaps we can add another
property to define the software managing the hardware.

Bye,
Riccardo

Riccardo Zappi

Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare - CNAF
Viale Berti Pichat, 6/2,  40127 BOLOGNA - ITALY
Phone:  +39-051-609-2868                Fax:    +39-051-609-2746
e-mail: riccardo.zappi at cnaf.infn.it