[glue-wg] Quotas and accounting

Burke, S (Stephen) S.Burke at rl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 15 09:17:38 CDT 2008

Paul Millar [mailto:paul.millar at desy.de] said:
> >   On accounting, I think we should be careful that it isn't a main
> > objective for Glue, and we can't possibly hope to do detailed
> > accounting.
>
> True, but there's a Nordogrid use-case for recording per-VO
> space usage info for shared spaces.
>
> (this is right, isn't it?  I often feel like the only one
> bringing this one up)

Yes (and probably not just Nordugrid in fact) - we had another go at
this but I'm still not sure we have a conclusion. Basically we have a
trade-off, we either have something like the current draft and accept
that "shared shares" may result in the same information being published
many times, or else we have a more complex schema with a new object,
similar to the current separation between SA and VOInfo, which allows
the duplicated information to be separated out and published only once.