[glue-wg] Quotas and accounting

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Fri Apr 11 12:37:03 CDT 2008

On Friday 11 April 2008 18:17:14 Burke, S (Stephen) wrote:
> Expanding on a couple of the things from today's meeting ... on quotas
> my feeling is that we should just ignore them for the time being.

Agreed.

>   On accounting, I think we should be careful that it isn't a main
> objective for Glue, and we can't possibly hope to do detailed
> accounting.

True, but there's a Nordogrid use-case for recording per-VO space usage info
for shared spaces.

(this is right, isn't it?  I often feel like the only one bringing this one
up)

[...]
> Personally I'm not entirely convinced that the right way to go is to publish
> shared Shares multiple times [...]

For the most part, I don't mind how things turn out provided they can be
mapped to dCache concepts, so I can publish the information.

I, too, am concerned that this will balloon the stored data, but I'm happy to
go with what everyone else decides is best.

Cheers,

Paul.