[glue-wg] telecon - 31 Oct 2007

Fisher, SM (Steve) S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Wed Oct 31 09:55:33 CDT 2007

Sergio,

I had hoped to attend but with the change of day this is not possible.

I am still not too happy with the service/endpoint split however I do
see some benefits.

I would very much like to see the service data and related services
preserved from GLUE 1.3. The "OtherInfo" field is not sufficient as it
cannot be used efficiently. Specifically:

- I would like to see a separate entity ServiceData with two attributes
Key and Value and a 0 to many relationship to service.

- I would like to see a many to many (directed) relationship between
services to represent the fact that any service may have a set of
related services. The precise meaning of that relationship is to be
defined by the publisher of that information. Note that it is essential
that it is considered to be directional.

Both of the above features are assumed by the SAGA ServiceDiscovery API
which is about to be sent out for public comment. It is currently
exploited in GLUE 1.3 by the data management people

Steve