[glue-wg] New draft of GLUE 2.0 Specification

Burke, S (Stephen) S.Burke at rl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 29 05:41:25 CDT 2007

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Balazs Konya said:
> The computing element does
> not represent an
> LRMS any longer, the LRMS specific info was moved to the
> computing resource entity.

I haven't yet read the draft, but my immediate reaction is that that
sounds a bit odd. Conceptually the batch system is not the same as the
hardware/cluster, so can they really be merged? I think one of the
problems we've had with the 1.x schema is that the LRMS is not
represented explicitly but merged into the service (CE) info; I'm not
sure if merging it with the cluster instead is any better. Is there a
reason not to represent the LRMS as a primary entity?