[glue-wg] Rough Draft of the Glue Use Cases Document

Laurence Field Laurence.Field at cern.ch
Wed Jun 20 07:21:19 CDT 2007

Hi Stephen,

I believe that the use cases are there to help us focus on what we are
trying to achieve rather than to define the attributes. For some simple
use cases the conclusion on what attributes we need is straight forward
but for others it is not clear. This may mean that the use case needs
more detail or just that there is not an easy answer. If you think that
in general the style is wrong or that a few use cases are inconsistent
with the style of the rest, please let me know.

The document describing the Storage Element Model for SRM 2.2 has been
upload to the grid forge. I  went  though the document to pull-out the
use cases. The document is quite low level when it comes to the use
cases and the use cases are presented with the solution in mind. I tried
to generalise them so that they are not specific to the current
solutions.  Felix Ehm will be going through these use cases in more detail.

Laurence