[glue-wg] [reminder vote] choosing XML Document structure for GLUE 2.0 rendering

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 14 11:59:39 CST 2007

On Dec 11, 2007, at 6:18 PM, Sergio Andreozzi wrote:

> sure we can consider this. What is the advantage of this vs. the
> other options that you like?

It is simpler and less complex for one entity to reference another,
than to create a 3rd entity that describes the relationship.

Creating a 3rd entity that describes a relationship between two
other entities makes the most sense when you can't alter the
relating entities (because they're already defined or someone else
owns them), or they are generally unrelated except in a special
case of limited interest.

If the intention is that Services should generally be associated
to AdminDomains it's more straightforward to describe this as
service attributes.

> And also, can I ask you to investigate what is the most MSD4-
> friendly aggregation level option? What does happen in case of
> aggregation-level strategies named A/B/yours?
> (http://forge.ogf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.glue-wg/wiki/
> GLUE2XMLSchema)

MDS4-friendlyness wasn't a factor in the above suggestion. I believe
MDS4 is neutral about how entities relate to each other.

Regards,

JP