[glue-wg] GridAustralia (previously know as the APACGrid) requirements for GLUE 2.0

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi at cnaf.infn.it
Fri Dec 14 10:29:03 CST 2007

Hi Gerson,

Gerson Galang ha scritto:
> Hi Sergio,
>
> I've been pulled away to work on another project so I haven't been
> able to actively look at the specifications you guys have been
> writing. Anyway, I've got some free time now so I was able to look at
> what you guys have done with the schema.
nice to have you back .
> So my first question is, how you guys are planning to address the
> requirements
> (http://forge.ogf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.glue-wg/wiki/GridAustraliaRequirements
> <http://forge.ogf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.glue-wg/wiki/GridAustraliaRequirements>)
> we've given you in May 2007? I've looked at our requirements and only
> four of them (stories 1, 2, 3, and 6 in the link above) have been
> addressed by GLUE 2.0 spec (draft). All of these four requirements
> have already been addressed by GLUE 1.3. So from what I see, there
> hasn't really been anything new added to GLUE 2.0 in terms of the
> requirements we've asked you to add in the new schema.
>
> Isn't the GLUE 2.0 spec already going for public comments after the
> next OGF? How are you planning to satisfy our requirements?
> GridAustralia will be very happy to contribute some of its resources
> just so the current draft can modified to satisfy our schema. I don't
> think our proposed schema is only GridAustralia specific so what we
> add into the specification shouldn't be an issue with anyone on this
> list.
I can assure you that we'll consider all of your requirements. We are
almost finishing the revision and consolidation of main entities. The
computing entities to which your use cases apply have not yet been
reviewed for consolidation. We plan to invest most of the time in
January/February on them in order to review vs. use cases. OGF 22 is at
the end of February therefore we have enough time, though we cannot
relax too much.

I hope you'll be able to actively participate in the Jan/Feb telecons.
Please, let me know about your time constraints for planning.

Cheers, Sergio