[glue-wg] Definition of Memory with Muli-core CPUs.

Burke, S (Stephen) S.Burke at rl.ac.uk
Thu Aug 30 03:53:15 CDT 2007

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org on behalf of Laurence said:
> I just received the following GGUS ticket. Looking at the Glue 1.3
> schema, it seems that the definition of GlueHostMainMemoryRAMSize and
> GlueHostMainMemoryVirtualSize needs to be improved.

This is a known issue - it may be in one of Sergio's trackers already, I know I've mentioned it before. The trouble is that a) the schema does say that it should be the memory per node, so sites shouldn't just unilaterally do something different, and b) you don't really know how much memory a job will get - the physical memory is an upper limit, it may well be less, but not necessarily as low as RAM/slots. Anyway if you want you can always put something like RAM/SMPsize in the JDL. Having said all that I know that some sites do put the estimated memory per job so it isn't very consistent anyway ...