[glue-wg] Definition of Memory with Muli-core CPUs.

Laurence Laurence.Field at cern.ch
Thu Aug 30 03:13:59 CDT 2007

Hi Sergio,

I just received the following GGUS ticket. Looking at the Glue 1.3
schema, it seems that the definition of GlueHostMainMemoryRAMSize and
GlueHostMainMemoryVirtualSize needs to be improved.

Detailed description:
I've recently received a request for a VO user to change the memory info
published by the site (GlueHostMainMemoryRAMSize,
GlueHostMainMemoryVirtualSize) to be per CPU core and not per WN.

 From the yaim documentation I was under the impression memory info was
per WN:

CE_MINPHYSMEM - RAM size (Mbytes) (per WN and not per CPU)
CE_MINVIRTMEM - Virtual Memory size in (Mbytes) (per WN and not per CPU)

but it seems RB/WMS can't schedule jobs correctly unless the information
is per CPU core (JDL requirement can't check how much memory a single
CPU job gets if info is per WN).

Can someone check this and fix the docs?