[gin] Call for new GIN Co-Chair

Morris Riedel m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Mon Sep 29 00:34:06 CDT 2008

Dear GIN team,

  since Erwin Laure and Thomas Soddemann resigned from their co-chair positions it's time to think about at least one successor.

We have an open process in GIN and thus, of course, any member of GIN is invited to propose/nominate a new candidate for this co-chair position via the mailing list!

Nevertheless, I recommend that this candidate should have already experience in the GIN work and that the daily business of this person is closely related to a production infrastructure (e.g. TeraGrid, OSG, NAREGI, PRAGMA, EGEE, DEISA, NGS, ...).

In addition, this person should have the time availability to work in the field of interoperability of infrastructures, especially enabling e-science applications that require cross-Grid resources. This will be an important next focus of GIN and thus it is quite important that the new co-chair is capable of working in this field.

In this context, I would like to take this opportunity to propose a specific well-known GIN member for this position:

Laurence Field (EGEE)

As some of you certainly noticed over the last years, Laurence is active in GIN since its start, participated in nearly all GIN demonstration events, especially in the area of GIN information handling.

As a consequence, he certainly fulfills all the requirements mentioned above, in particular while working within EGEE in the area of interoperability with numerous other infrastructures.

So, please let me know (confidentially) if you see any problems with this proposal/nomination. Afterwards, we evaluate them together with our area directors.

Best regards from Grid 2008 in Japan,
Morris

Morris Riedel
SW - Engineer
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
D - 52425 Juelich
Germany

Email: m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/JSCPeople/riedel
Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

"We work to better ourselves, and the rest of humanity"

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender)