[gin] Slides for panel

Oscar Koeroo okoeroo at nikhef.nl
Tue Oct 16 17:12:43 CDT 2007

Hi Erwin,

What I miss and hope to be discussed are the various chosen security
models in each of the example services. Maybe this is a too production
directed approach, but surely something to be discussed. :-)

Writing pieces of software that glue the various implementations is
something that would be solved by interpreting the meaning of the passed
messages and adapting that to your own software.

But the underlaying protocols are then not address. Do you use a form of
delegation, is that required/supported or out of the question. Is it
fully based on web-services or is that non-applicable. These details
could also be more streamlined.

Also the bases on which you authenticate and authorize the users and
their respected group affiliations is something that has various
different approaches. There are convergence to VOMS and Shibboleth (as
what I can see) in my perspective.

More flexibility/translations/tolerance and understanding in the
protocols and how they are used in the various services will greatly
clarify and ease the interoperability between the various Grid environments.

cheers,

	Oscar