[gin] Requested Deadline Extension for GIN Paper

Jensen, J (Jens) j.jensen at rl.ac.uk
Fri Nov 30 11:39:08 CST 2007

Morris Riedel wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I see no problem in publishing your detailed results separately since they
> are much more deeper than we can do it in our GIN paper.
>
> However, some additional paragraphs for the complete GIN paper as
> contribution would be great. If you can provide me with text this would be
> great and provide me with the additional authors.
>
> BTW: We have got the extension.

Right.  Thanks Morris for giving me the pen for a moment.  Sorry about
the delay, but I have been thorough (except perhaps ran out of steam
towards the end).  As I couldn't get AcroRead (or whatever it is I am
using) to add comments, I am afraid I imported the text into Word so you
can see (a) the changes I have made, and (b) additional comments.
Hopefully you can relatively easily get the data back into LaTeX.

I corrected a large number of language mistakes, some overly verbose
sentences, repetitions, and some obvious mistakes. No criticism of
anyone, it is quite natural when such a large international group writes
together. Also, I added the SRM/SRB summary which was the original point
of my having the pen :-)  All changes are tracked, so you can see what I
have done.  It may be useful to address my comments - for example,
surely running time goes _down_ when running simulations on the Grid
compared to a single CPU??

Regards,
--jens