[gin-ops] [gin-auth] Debugging Globus SSL (Was: Re: start Savannah run)

Oscar Koeroo okoeroo at nikhef.nl
Tue Feb 6 02:22:25 CST 2007

Hi JP,

I would say that creating a bunch of anonymous accounts would be a more
real-world and scalable scenario. We're now a group with a limited
number of people but I think it would be flawed to give everybody a
fixed account.

For instance in the LCG/EGEE production facilities there is one thing
you can be very certain about and that is that your account is an
anonymous poolaccount, it is mapped to your DN (and offered VOMS
attributes). This mapping is sticky but it can be scratched and cleaned
at any given time.

The bottom line is that you shouldn't rely on any consistency regarding
the effective Unix account that you may be using on a cluster.

This is not a matter of security, it is a matter of scale.

	Oscar