[gin-info] Status question

Jennifer M. Schopf jms at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 3 10:05:20 CDT 2006

hello gin-info folks-

    this list has been quiet for a long time, and a couple of us at another
meeting were wondering what was up.  Where *I* thought things stood was

1) we'd agreed to define a small set of attributes and to try to get people
to advertise them in their own local schema (GLUE schema, cim, whatever) -
we were *not* defining a schema, just a list for now

2) once this set was defined and a few sites could verify they were
reporting them, to then look at ways to view them from a web page (eg.
PRAGMA's monitoring tech or MDS4's WebMDS, both which can read simple html)

3) The list of attributes has not yet been determined - I sent around a
list we're (Globus) using with TeraGrid, several other folks (including JP
Navarro, Thomas Soddermann, Oxana Smirnova, and Laurence Field) sent around
possible additions or deletions, and we were waiting on the chair to
coalesce this list

Is that right? perhaps the chair could chime in if there's anything we
should do before next week's meeting.

Thanks!

    -jennifer

Dr. Jennifer M. Schopf
Scientist                              eInfrastructure Policy Advisor
Distributed Systems Lab       National eScience Centre and JISC
Argonne National Laboratory  The University of Edinburgh
jms at mcs.anl.gov                 jms at nesc.ac.uk
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~jms http://homepages.nesc.ac.uk/~jms