[gin-info] Possible list of subset data for info interop

Oxana Smirnova oxana.smirnova at hep.lu.se
Thu Mar 2 10:15:15 CST 2006

Laurence Field пишет:

> package name
> package version
> package description
>
> It is diffcult to publish every package installed.  We can group packages togther and publish a RunTimeEnvironment, this could require a version. I don't think a description is required. We just need the tag to match on. If we  need want to know what this RunTimeEnvironment is, google :)

Indeed, in NorduGrid we advertise RunTimeEnvironments; one of them
consists actually of 1000+ packages, which are largely useless by
themselves and make sense only when installed together. These
RunTimeEnvironments are organized in a hierarchical namespace, and there
is a repository with a Web front-end that contains all the descriptions,
installation details, support details etc. LCG also makes use of
RunTimeEnvironments, though I'm not aware of any repository or namespaces.

For matchmaking, RunTimeEnvironments are essential for heterogeneous
Grids, where different sites support different sets of VOs and
corresponding application-specific software.

If however our simple setup will be homogeneous in a sense it'll have
the same application software installed everywhere, this is not really
needed.

> outage start datetime
> outage end datetime
> outage summary
> outage affected components description
>

> These are operations parameters and not needed for job submission. We just need to know if the service is working or not. ServiceStatus should be fine.

I agree with Laurence; moreover, information systems typically provide
current status of the system and do not keep historical data. Besides,
this might be a too sensitive info to advertise publicly.

Cheers,
Oxana