[gin-info] Possible list of subset data for info interop

Laurence Field Laurence.Field at cern.ch
Thu Mar 2 09:35:01 CST 2006

service type     (example "prews-gram-pbs")
service version  (example "4.0.1")
service host     (example "tg-grid1.uc.teragrid.org")
service port     (example "2119")
service path     (example "/jobmanager-pbs")
* path would be a URL path in the case of web services)

This is prety much the same as using ServiceType and ServiceEnd point.  The version tag is debatable. Should you not get this by contacting the endpoint?

package name
package version
package description

It is diffcult to publish every package installed.  We can group packages togther and publish a RunTimeEnvironment, this could require a version. I don't think a description is required. We just need the tag to match on. If we  need want to know what this RunTimeEnvironment is, google :)

outage start datetime
outage end datetime
outage summary
outage affected components description

These are operations parameters and not needed for job submission. We just need to know if the service is working or not. ServiceStatus should be fine.