[gin-info] Possible list of subset data for info interop

Jennifer M. Schopf jms at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 1 11:24:44 CST 2006

Thomas-

    i don't think we want to go down the path of UML here - i really think
we want to stay at the very high level of simply deifning a set of
attributes sites should communicate. UML implies structure and other things
that we do NOT want to get into with this group - we're going tfor low
hanging fruit, not making changes wherever we can.

I would be much more comfortable coming up with a simple list of attributes
everyone could agree on - which is why i sent the list i did. If you want
to add things in, that's great. If you think something should be removed,
please make a case.

I understand that formally, you're correct, UML is a great way to get
agreement here. And maybe we we cross the path of CIM and GLUE schema
agreement discussions we'll need this, but right now i'm not wearing a GLUE
schema hat, i'm wearing an implementers hat and i just want to know what
data each site should advertise in whatever way they can.

   -jen