[gin-info] gin-info status?

Jennifer M. Schopf jms at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 6 05:28:22 CDT 2006

hello-

    i've not seen any followup from GGF. I believe where we are is

1) Still need to agree on a common minimal attribute set (several
possibilities have been proposed)- waiting on chair's decision
2) Need to identify participating sites which will agree to advertise these
sites in their local schema
3) Need to agree on a site/tech which will scoop up these different schemas
and display them
4) Some work is being done on translators

there is a fair bit of pair-wise work going on, what i list above is work
specific to this group.

   -j

Dr. Jennifer M. Schopf
Scientist                              eInfrastructure Policy Advisor
Distributed Systems Lab       National eScience Centre and JISC
Argonne National Laboratory  The University of Edinburgh
jms at mcs.anl.gov                 jms at nesc.ac.uk
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~jms http://homepages.nesc.ac.uk/~jms