[gin-info] Notes from July 10 telecon

Laura Pearlman laura at ISI.EDU
Mon Jul 24 17:35:39 CDT 2006

This will probably turn out to be moot, as no one has piped up and said
we actually need this information, but the proposal was not to make GLUE
1.1 look identical to GLUE 1.2 (which would involve, for example,
changing the Cluster / ComputingElement relationship and, the last time
I checked, adding a number of mandatory fields to several elements), but
instead to add an extension that would include a small subset of GLUE
1.2 and that could be easily ignored by applications that aren't
interested in it.

I think we need to find a balance -- I agree with Jen that it would be
wrong to make people deploy new providers everywhere, but if there is a
small set of information that we need and that is not being collected,
then we should consider modifying existing providers to add it.

                -- Laura