[gin-data] Future of GIN

Erwin Laure Erwin.Laure at cern.ch
Mon Feb 5 04:32:39 CST 2007

Hi,

Many thanks to all of you who contributed to GIN over the past year and
who were present at the very interesting discussions at OGF19. We had a
very good interaction with the HPCP folks which probably could serve as
a model for future interactions with standard groups.

We also had a BoF-like session to discuss the outcome of the
questionnaire and the future of GIN. There was a unanimously consensus
that GIN should continue!

You can find the slides of both sessions at
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/tracker/do/listArtifacts/projects.gin/tracker.draftplans2007

As we decided that GIN should continue we have to do some formal things:

Confirmation/Election of Group Co-Chairs and Secretary

As discussed in the OGF19 session, I'm happy to continue my involvement
in GIN as co-chair, however, Stu Martin had unfortunately to step down
as second co-chair. I'd like to thank Stu for all his efforts in moving
GIN ahead and I hope he will be able to follow and support our
activities in the future as well.

We hence need to elect a new co-chair.  Please send nominations to the
list by Feb. 20.

We also need to confirm the group's secretary. So far this has been
Cindy Zheng, who unfortunately couldn't be with us at Chapel Hill. So we
need to confirm whether Cindy is still available or other people would
like to volunteer. Again, please come forward by Feb. 20.

Revise charter

The original GIN charter was only valid for the first year. We need to
revise it by the next OGF meeting in Manchester. In order to do so,
we've decided in Chapel Hill to have a GIN F2F meeting at CERN, Geneva,
Switzerland on Wednesday, March 14. Details will be sent out in due
course but please block this date in your calendar.

Best regards,

-- Erwin