[gin-data] Gin GridFTP slides

Gregor von Laszewski gregor at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 11 10:34:38 CDT 2006

We have not focused yet on integrating policy specific tests. From a
users perspective it seems that we need to first focus on making a
single transfer possible.
	I am glad that you bring this up and I would like to start
collecting a set of tests that the GIN community thinks are useful.
As you point out through your posting this is another example that
goes beyond protocol compatibility.

Similar policy issues exist for job execution. VDL, CoG, and others
use typically throttles for Job execution. This way for example the
CoG Workflow could be enhanced with a scheduler that includes
policies as part of the scheduling strategies. The same mechanism
could be deployed as part of filetransfers.

This is a real valuable input!