[gin-data] Re: progress...

William E. Allcock allcock at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 27 10:33:06 CDT 2006

> DEISA isn't using pool accounts, at least not up to now. So auditing
> isn't the problem.
> On the other hand we still have to set up GridFTP services
> within DEISA
> (GPFS is now the way to distribute data), but I guess we will use the
> same set up as for our other services and have a direct
> mapping between
> grid credentials and uids.
>
> But in case of pool accounts, can't you find the credentials in the
> GridFTP logs? Of course you must archive them and it may take some
> effort to find out.

Yes, you could, if you have the logging level set appropriately, and, as you
say, you have to archive them.  I just find it surprising that paranoid
security types are willing to rely on a services logs rather than something
in the authentication process itself that they can KNOW will be there.

Cheers,

Bill