[gin-data] progress...

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 27 04:29:40 CDT 2006

Arie,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't understand your final comment.  I think of a schema as a view on
(meta)data that is already there.  As SRM already provides the
functionality to provide the necessary information, the schema could
even be populated via the existing interface.  Was the problem that the
schema definition kept changing?

I can see that if you tried to maintain a separate metadata catalog in
addition to the information already stored within SRM itself, that could
be problematic.  But that is a problem of storing copies of the metadata
rather than of describing it.

I suspect I'm not understanding something here.

Best wishes,

Dave.