[gin-data] Re: progress...

Gregor von Laszewski gregor at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 26 17:20:22 CDT 2006

Erwin:

	we have tested our tool and it works as expected. However, there is
some issue in regards to renewing accounts and alloctaions on TG to
run this that are not yet resolved. To no longer delay the
publication of the data, we have involved Raj that will start the
program for us on the TG. We hope this takes place tomorrow. This
also allows us to test the "easy deploy" requirement of the systems
so it could be replicated on other systems. Mike is improving the
documentation to make this happening.

In return we have one question that we issued to this mailinglist
before:

On which other Grids should we test our software?
Is there someone in the GIN working group that can let us know which
Grids we should approach next? From the experience we had with
obtaining accouts, it looks like we want to get this established
ASAP. in order to start the application program. We probably need
some kind of "sponsor" or "champion" to push this out on the other
Grids. So if there are people from other Grids (other than TG) in
this working group, maybe you can let us know how we should approach
getting accounts on your Grids.

I would assume this applies also to the other technologies from the
GIN-WG, do you have a uniform project description that I can point
other Grids to as part of the application process?

Gregor