[gin-data] Start implementing the plan

Erwin Laure Erwin.Laure at cern.ch
Fri Feb 24 11:05:58 CST 2006

Dear GINers,

As you've pledged to contribute effort to GIN in last week's GGF
meeting, I'd like to come back to you to start implementing the data
management plan.

(I'm not sure I covered really all the projects that pledged effort and
I'm also missing the email addresses from H. Jin (China Grid), R. Davis
(APAC), and R. Lee (Korean National Grid) - could people having their
email addresses please forward this?)

An updated version of the original data mgmt document was already
distributed and can be found in gridforge. I suggest we keep expanding
that as the working document.

As a first action we need to identify the Grid infrastructures that will
collaborate in building the two island (SRM-island and SRB-island).
Could you please let me know by the end of next week to which island
your Grid would contribute? OSG and EGEE will be part of the SRM island
but I'd need a firm answer from the other Grids on where they will be.

 From the Grids that take part in the SRB island I'd like to have a
person responsible driving the intra-island interoperability work.

For the Grids in the SRM island the next step will be the identification
of the resources, the publishing of the SRM versions, implementations,
and endpoints, as well as the publishing of the gridFTP versions,
implementations, and endpoints. These sites will also have to put the
security infrastructure in place, as discussed in the auth group.