[gin-data] SRM interop plan

Jensen, J (Jens) J.Jensen at rl.ac.uk
Wed Apr 19 02:51:15 CDT 2006

Hi Alex,

This is because in Globus 2 at least, it turns out that
if you build your server/client with GLOBUS_IO_MODULE then
it is apparently incompatible with servers/clients built on
top of the lower level module GLOBUS_GSSAPI_MODULE [module
names from memory so may be slightly wrong].

Now Aleksandr discovered this independently and dug a
bit deeper than we had done, but it still appears that
these are incompatible.

This is mainly important for the SOAP stuff because as
you say it goes via HTTPG.  The de-facto standard in LCG
is the GSSAPI module approach.

Even if you don't care about HTTP as a data transport
protocol, Aleksandr's point is still valid.  It's a
question of testing different implementations of GSI
sockets.

Cheers,
			--jens