[gin-auth] [Fwd: gsi proxy compatibility test]

Olle Mulmo mulmo at pdc.kth.se
Thu Mar 16 03:03:03 CST 2006

I believe GIN-auth recommended that RFC compliant proxies should be
used.

In practice, this means that software from any GT2 or GT3
distributions will _not_ be able to handle this proxy format, whereas
the same libraries shipped with GT4 (and also native openssl 0.9.7g
and beyond) can.

Note also that in GT4.0.x, the grid-proxy-init command line tool does
not  generate RFC-compliant proxies by default for backwards
compatibility reasons:

You have to type "grid-proxy-init -rfc"

/Olle