[gin-auth] Re: Create a VO for MultiGrid team ?

Oscar Koeroo okoeroo at nikhef.nl
Fri Feb 24 07:51:28 CST 2006

Oxana Smirnova wrote:

> Von Welch пишет:
>

>> gin.ggf.org?
>>

> In this particular case it may work, but in general, (a) not every VO
> has a domain, and (b) this will imply VO name will change when the
> domain name changes. Which is particularly relevant for ggf.org: will
> this name remain after the EGA merger?..
>
> Oxana

Hi Oxana,

a.) VOs typically have a centre point of gravity at one of the partner
institutes from where it is originating/coordinating/driving itself.
b.) To follow your proposal and combining it with the reverse order
notation as DNS is like, I would make it "gin.ggf.int" although that
maybe confusing with the well known 'ggf.org' case.
My reasoning orginiates from the "INT.EU.EGEE.DTEAM" example. Although I
would think that INT and EU are complementary especially after the
official name change of EGEE ;-)
GIN seems vey 'int' to me and the 'ggf' and 'gin' are obvious therefor I
would vote for 'gin.ggf.int'.

    Oscar