[GHPN-WG] Request to present European project EC-GIN at next meeting

Michael Welzl michael.welzl at uibk.ac.at
Wed Apr 25 01:01:31 CDT 2007

Dear GHPNers,

would it be possible to get a time slot for telling you
about our European project called "EC-GIN" at the next
OGF meeting? We would greatly appreciate that!

EC-GIN ( http://www.ec-gin.eu ) stands for "Europe-China
Grid InterNetworking"; it's a STREP with 11 partners,
4 from China and 7 from Europe, and our goal is to develop
networking technology for the Grid. As the "InterNetworking"
bit of the name indicates, the main focus is on network
enhancements that would work for the general Internet (as
opposed to dedicated parts of it).

We're quite open to collaborations - e.g., not having a
testbed of our own, we'll test our developments on Grids
belonging to projects that our consortium members are
involved in, such as Grid5000.

The suggested length is 45 minutes (but 30 mins or less
is also fine, just let us know!), the speaker would be
Sven Hessler (a Ph.D. student of mine who received an
OGF travel grant), and the title is simply
"Introducing EC-GIN: Europe-China Grid InterNetworking"

Cheers,
Michael