[GFS-WG] GFS/data grid API

Arun Jagatheesan arun at sdsc.edu
Fri Aug 10 18:25:24 CDT 2007

Here is a set of slides that mention the objective to have a API of GFS.

The API would be abstract (not specific to any language bindings).
The proposed abstract API would state all the functions (or methods),
their operands and return values. I hope this community effort helps
both software implementers and users of GFS/data grids.  This
approach would allow any data management or data movement protocol to
be used behind the scene (no need for us to be concerned about the
binary protocol).

We could discuss this over email and also on the tele-conference next
week - 8/14/07, Tuesday 4:30 PM Pacific time.

Cheers,
Arun
~~~~~~~~~
Dream; because, dreams lead to thoughts; thoughts lead to action, and
action leads to achievement.

Arun Jagatheesan
http://www.sdsc.edu/~arun/
San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC)