[gfs-wg] Finalizing GFS Arch workbook + GGF14

Arun swaran Jagatheesan arun at sdsc.edu
Thu Jun 16 23:54:48 CDT 2005

We will have submit the GFS Architecture Workbook as an informational
document to the GGF after we discussed it face-to-face (F2F) in our
session at the GGF14. We can use the F2F as an opportunity to resolve
any issues before we submit it for the 30 day public review period.

Once this document is officially agreed upon by all us, we can proceed
further by implementing the abstract picture in the architecture
document. A single standard GFS interface has to be produced. There
could be multiple levels of GFS compliance.

Issues that are still open are: (refer attached mail for details)
 - Functionality of the GFS Server (Figure 4, page 9)
 - Summary of existing or ongoing vendor software (new addition
required)
 - Non-Webservice client (Figure 4, page 9 and 5.2.7)

Next week during the telecon, we will confirm the GGF14 agenda and find
if any other key points need to be discussed during our sessions. Mark
your calendar.

> >>  Date and Time: 22nd June
> >>  California: Wed 3:30 PM
> >>  Chicago:    Wed 5:30 PM
> >>  Boston:	    Wed 6:30 PM
> >>  UK:	    Wed 11:30 PM
> >>  Korea/Japan:Thu  7:30 AM (23rd Morning)

Arun
~~~~~~~~~
Dream; because, dreams lead to thoughts; thoughts lead to action, and
action leads to achievement.

Arun swaran Jagatheesan
http://www.sdsc.edu/~arun/
San Diego Supercomputer Center.
(858)822.5452
Name: draft-ggf-gfs-ArchitectureDesign-WorkBook-Informational-v090.doc
Type: application/msword