[gfs-wg] GGF13 session plan

Osamu Tatebe o.tatebe at aist.go.jp
Sun Jan 23 23:52:57 CST 2005

Dear all,

We are requesting two sessions for GGF13 held in Korea; one is for RNS
(Resource Namespace Service) and the other is for architecture of Grid
File System.

RNS is used to be known as VFDS (Virtual Filesystem Directory
Service).  Responding the demand of namespace service for general
resources discussed in OGSA-WG data design team, we feel we need to
cover general resources not only files nor file systems, and change
the name of service.  RNS is intended to be a general-purpose
namespace service from human-friendly (hierarchical path) name to
EPRs.  See the initial specification document;

http://www-unix.gridforum.org/mail_archive/gfs-wg/2004/11/msg00000.html

Thanks,
Osamu

---
Osamu Tatebe, Ph.D.   Tel: +81-29-861-5844  FAX: +81-29-862-6601
Grid Technology Research Center,
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
AIST Tsukuba Central 2, 1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 3058568 JAPAN
E-mail: o.tatebe at aist.go.jp     http://phase.hpcc.jp/people/tatebe/