[GFS-WG] OGF24 GFS-WG Session

Osamu Tatebe tatebe at cs.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Sep 8 10:40:04 CDT 2008

Hi all,

We will have a WG session from 11:00am on Tuesday, September 16.  In
the past OGF WG sessions, we will mainly collect information from EGEE
and iRODS to standardize file catalog services.  You can find slide
materials below.

OGF23 http://www.ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=1293
OGF22 http://www.ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=1106

>From this September, Japanese national e-Science Grid project started.
One of the main research topics is to implement and deploy the
production-level RNS and standard file catalog services.  In the OGF24
GFS-WG session, we will invite people from this project to know what
is a real problem, and what is a goal.  During the session, we would
like to organize a core team to proceed the standardization further.
Agenda will be given by a leader of this project on this topic,
Prof. Matsuda from Osaka Univ.  If you are interested in this
discussion, please join in the session.  Also, you are welcome to give
your presentation on this topic.  Please feel free to express your
involvement.

Thanks,
Osamu