[gf-chairs] Standards Roadmap/GIN BOF Friday 13:45 (From Dane Skow)

Joel Replogle replogle at ggf.org
Thu May 11 08:45:19 CDT 2006

This message is forwarded from Dane Skow:

Hello all,

I'd like to make you aware of a BOF to be held at 13:45 on Friday in
G408 for a discussion between the Standards activities and the GIN
effort.

The goal of this meeting is to summarize a report out from the GIN
experiences to date and have a discussion about how best that work
might inform/feedback on the standards development. The Grid
Interoperation Now (GIN) activity is a federation of ~15 of the major
production grids across the world who are trying to establish islands
of interoperation between grids on a few basic services. Agreements
of various types needed to be made in order to establish this
interoperation (which we are still building/verifying). Some
agreements were selecting a standard, but others were conventions
needed to fill a gap: either because there were not adequate
implementations of a standard or missing an effective standard.

The format of the meeting is intended to be an open discussion.
Standards Focus group chairs and GIN participants are particularly
invited to attend.

Rough agenda:

GIN experiences reportout (panel) (20 min)
	Identity and Authorization (Dane Skow)
	Information Services and Schema (Satoshi Matsuoka)
	Jobs Submission and Management (Steven Newhouse)
	Data Movement and Management (Erwin Laure)
	Applications (Peter Arzberger)

Open Discussion (60 min)

Regards,
Dane

Please excuse this interruption if you consider this SPAM, but this
was the best way we could find quickly to get the notification of
this meeting's goals in front of the broader community.